Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adorable Handmade Dolls & More

Meet Thaddea!
If you are an etsy fan, you may have already seen this great new shop that has opened.  It is called Apple Strudel  and they make some of the cutest and most creative dolls and more!  Full disclosure: The owners of this shop are friends of mine, but I have always been amazed by their creativity. Candace has been making some of the most beautiful hairbands for the my girls, as well as snack bags, and her work is fantastic. Then recently, my other friend, ChristyAnn, made over a dozen brown skinned dolls to donate to an African orphanage and I think after all the feedback she got, she got the itch to keep going! Now, the two of them have joined creative forces and are working together as Apple Strudel! 


Check out their shop! I especially love all the dolls with brown skin, as I have had a hard time finding cute, unique ones! There are so many cute white dolls out there, but it is hard to find ones that look like my beautiful Fia. Remember that they are all handmade, so if they are out of a certain style, they will continually come out with more. And...if you know you want a doll with a certain hair color that you don't see, I would email them and ask if they have any in production. (Hopefully, if they read this, they will agree and not hate me!) :)

No comments: